: (866) 668 - 3163
The SP-2 SolarPulse desulfator is a compact lightweight solar panel that not only keeps a battery maintained at full charge, but also prevents and removes harmful sulfate buildup. Built by PulseTech, the SP-2 (also known as the 735x302 in military circles) is virtually indestructible and is a key component of a healthy Battery Management Program.
The 2-Watt SolarPulse charger combines ReNew-IT Pulse Technology ® with an exceptional charging system. ReNew-It Technology safely prevents the main cause of battery problems and failure: sulfation buildup on lead-acid battery plates. Used extensively by the consumers and the U.S. Military worldwide for over ten years, this technology has been scientifically proven by two major universities to make batteries work harder and last longer than you ever thought possible. Ideal for virtually any kind of vehicle and equipment in areas without access to electrical power, including motor carriers, rail cars, sailboats, recreational vehicles, gensets and much more.
There are three other SolarPulse models available: 5 Watt (735X305), a 6-Watt ERV unit (735X613), and a 25 Watt (735X325). The 6-watt model is ideal for emergency rescue and law enforcement vehicles because it has a unique rectangular solar panel designed to easily mount on any light bar
|Availability Note:||In Stock|
|Dimensions (LxWxH - inches):||4.75 x 8.56 x 0.13|
|Dimensions Deployed (LxWxH):||N/A|
|Max Power (W):||2|
|Max Power Voltage (Vmpp):||15|
|Open Circuit Voltage (Voc):||17|
Sulfation is the buildup of lead sulfate (PbSo4) crystals on your battery plates.
All lead acid batteries will suffer from the effects of sulfation. It is the unwanted byproduct of the natural double sulfate chemical reaction that generates electricity within the battery. When a battery is in use, the active material on your battery’s plates, lead and lead dioxide, react with the electrolyte or sulfuric acid (H2SO4) to generate electricity. During this process a thin layer of non-crystalline solid lead sulfate is deposited on the plates.
During charging, this sulfate deposit is supposed to be converted back to lead dioxide and sulfuric acid restoring the battery back to its pre-discharged state. However, the process is not perfect. Incomplete charging or prolonged time left in a discharged state will convert the amorphous (non-crystalline) lead sulfate into a hardened crystalized form diminishing the ability of the battery to reach full charge.
Unless I am missing something it sounds like a resounding NO.
First question to confirm is if the 72W is per light or total combined wattage per hour or per night for all the lights? Let's assume it is the total wattage per night and the lights are running for 12 hours. If this is the case you are removing 6W per hour and adding 2W per available sun hour. At minimum you would need something 3 times as large. But wait there is more!
You don't have 12 sun hours each day to balance this equation so simply. And you need to account for cloudiness and/or shadows cast on the panel. Taking these assumptions into consideration, which can drastically change the recommendation, you should be looking in the 10W to 20W range.